- Chicago Manual of Style FAQ
- AIP Style Manual online
- The Chemist's English, a brief summary of Robert Schoenfeld's delightful book
- Online journal submission/reviewing: ACS Journals | JCP | Wiley journals | Paragon online submission, reviewing, and tracking system
- Journal self-archiving permissions database Romeo
- Directory of online dictionaries (all languages) at YourDictionary.com.
- Online Dictionary of Acronyms
- Encyclopedia Britannica: free search (with ads, slower) and search for registered users (no ads, faster)
- Site of Richard Lederer, author of "Anguished English" and other books on how not to write English. Must-read for anyone who writes for a living. See also Society for the Preservation of the English Language and Literature (SPELL).
- GROUP INTRANET:: Gershom's scientific writing blog; Guidelines for an acceptable first draft
- Electronic preprint archiving: arXiv.org